Re: WebRTC and emergency communications (Was: Re: IETF Meeting in South America)

On May 28, 2013, at 11:25 AM, Richard Barnes <rlb@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I would suggest we not try to sort out on this list which sorts of Internet services are subject to American regulations.

Or those of any other jurisdiction. If jurisdiction Z comes to the IETF and says "we have declared protocol A to be a service of type B", and we can think of harmless ways of making B more obvious in an extended version of A, that seems like potential work, possibly even for a WG but certainly for individual submission. But it should be done after A is done (assuming that A is extensible) and after Z has looked at A.

--Paul Hoffman