Re: Issues in wider geographic participation

I would prefer that people come to the IETF because they have a problem and they are looking for ways to solve it ... as opposed to wanting to work with the IETF for some reason and looking for something "the IETF" wants them to work on.  The former feels like engineering, the latter like professional standards going.  Therefore, if someone says they are looking for a problem to work on, I ask them to bring a problem with them.