Re: Participation per Region of Authoring IETF documents vs Marketing

On May 27, 2013, at 15:31, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/27/13, Eggert, Lars <lars@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On May 27, 2013, at 12:10, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> Each IETF document mentions the authors place address (I may suggest
>>> adding region, as a categorised by IETF), but not sure of history
>>> statistics of how many IETF-documents produced by authors in South
>>> America, Africa, or Asia, or others.
>>
>> http://www.arkko.com/tools/stats/d-countrydistr.html and related pages
>
> I read that before, but does not show documents/RFCs per region. It
> shows drafts per countries. For example, does not show the drafts from
> South America. Does not show all regions in sequence of the most
> participated region.

That's why I wrote *and related pages*.

Clicking around Jari's pages, you will easily find http://www.arkko.com/tools/rfcstats/d-contdistr.html as well as many more stats.

As for "most participated region", look at the reports from the IAOC: http://iaoc.ietf.org/reports.html