Re: More participation from under-represented regions

Hi SM,

There are some from Africa trying to find the way in, but they may not
mention it, however, training is not important much to make people
participate but the type of training and its period inside
organisation not outside. For example, I notice that there was one
African participant (not me), trying to participate in writing one
draft for the community, so was he/she encouraged by the WGs,
Directors, or the Chairs, was the draft guided? was that participant
asked to market that draft in his/her community region to make
support. The IETF majority-culture may not be much welcoming from
others point of view, I try to market IETF but need help of the
responds others may get from discouragings.

AB