Re: IETF Meeting in South America

Hi Juliao,
At 18:34 23-05-2013, Juliao Braga wrote:
I stare at the map of where the IETF meetings occurred
(http://ws.org.br/index.php/IETF_Meetings) and wondering if the fact of
bringing some of the meetings to below the Equator could lead to
increase people participation.

That's a nice map. It highlights the division between the northern and southern hemispheres.

The answer is always negative. Will not increase participation of more
people.

Fellowships will help? Certainly not. Resources are finite.

Agreed.

How then can we increase participation in meetings of the IETF? My
answer to the question may seem strange: increasing the number of annual
meetings.

The answer did sound strange at first. I think that your answer might be appropriate for a different question.