Re: Language editing

	You missed the point RFC 5321 SMTP clients have to operate
	with RFC 2821 SMTP servers when sending address literal in
	the HELO/EHLO.  Code doesn't magically get updated when the
	spec is updated.  It takes years for changes to trickle
	through.  The code has to be written, then it has to be
	deployed.

	[The who SPF issue is about a WG that is too impatient to
	 wait for the updated code, that has been written, to be
	 deployed.  That will happen as OS's get update / replaced.]

	While RFC 4291 relaxed the address syntax, RFC 5321 didn't
	because to do so would break interoperability.

	RFC 5321's address literals are a subset of RFC 4291's
	permittable address formats.  So there is nothing wrong
	with referencing RFC 4291.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC