Re: Effects on DNS can be severe

On May 3, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Scott Kitterman <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Friday, May 03, 2013 12:04:53 PM Douglas Otis wrote:
>> Over many years at attempting to change the course of the SPF process, this
>> effort appears to have been futile.
>
> It does seem a bit odd for you to claim you're being ignored when the largest
> change in SPF processing limits contained in 4408bis was your suggestion.  An
> alternate interpretation to consider is that the working group fully
> considered your inputs and incorporated those that were appropriate
> technically and in scope for the charter.

Dear Scott,

This was not directly part of the IETF process, as my input there was ignored.

As I recall, removal of unlimited recursion occurred after a presentation made in Boston to the Open Group.

As with unlimited recursion, the need for the macro functions are also negligible while posing real risks. This is a serious security concern still needing to be addressed.

Regards,
Douglas Otis