Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

    Michael> If we are unwilling to bring "RFC" back to a place were it
    Michael> does not equal STD, then we need to create a new category
    Michael> of document which amounts to "fully baked ID".  Things like
    Michael> IANA allocations could occur at that point.

Hi.  Could you clearly articulate why you want this category and what
you hope it will do and not do?  I tried to respond with my thoughts
about this but realized that I don't understand your goals well enough
to provide more than a poorly considered reaction.