Re: [spfbis] [dnsext] Obsoleting SPF RRTYPE

Dave,

On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4/30/2013 10:11 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
>> As has been repeatedly pointed out in the discussion on both dnsext and spfbis, it is NOT too late for SPF.
>
> As has repeatedly been pointed out, the market has already had plenty of time to adopt the RR and has overwhelmingly rejected it.

What is the IETF-approved timeframe in which "the market" is allowed to accept/reject a particular technology?

Given no one appears to be making the argument that using the TXT RR and the MAIL FROM/HELO identity is the optimal solution (to put it mildly), I'm a bit confused why deprecating the SPF RR is being pushed so hard at this point in time. Is there some forcing function here?

Regards,
-drc