RE: [Tools-discuss] Last Call: <draft-sheffer-running-code-04.txt> (Improving Awareness of Running Code: the Implementation Status Section) to Experimental RFC

--On Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:22 +0100 Adrian Farrel
<adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Seems consistent with what is in the I-D at the moment. See
> section 3.
>
> Thus,  those who want to record the info in the I-D can do
> that, while those who want to go straight to a wiki can do
> that (although we ask that the I-D has a pointer to the wiki).

Indeed.  I was trying to make that point in a different way.  To
be more explicit, I think the I-D is fine, precisely because it
allows some reasonable flexibility about that sort of option.
I'd encourage the experimental evaluation process to compare
those two options in practice (e.g., by including statistics
about which method is used in the Summary Report (Section 5.2)
and commenting on relative utility if there is anything to say).
But there is nothing in the I-D that would prevent that and I'm
not convinced that more specifics in this I-D would be worth the
trouble.

   john