Re: Purpose of IESG Review

On 04/15/2013 05:26 PM, Joe Touch wrote:
> We can continue to appoint groups with additional rounds of review, but IMO, they are scoped (and the IESG review guidance appears to back up that point).

I think Joe is correct there. Another data point is that we
asked secdir (who currently have an 80% review rate for
documents) if they could see a way to get more done earlier
and thus reduce the review-all requirement for ADs. There were
a significant number of secdir folks who thought that increasing
the expectations on them might well mean getting far less
than 80% of documents reviewed - basically, they're also very
busy folks and our current 20% dropped-review rate might
just shoot up if we ask for too much.

I do wish there were a good way to reduce the AD review
burden and am happy to chat on or offlist with anyone who
has ideas, but I for one am not seeing anything obvious.

S.