Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

SM wrote:

> Ted Lemon wrote:
> >
> >So in fact you don't need to put some percentage of white males on
> >the IESG, the IAB or the IAOC to make me happy.   I want people on
> >these bodies who feel strongly about open standards, rough consensus
> >and running code.   That's the kool-aid I have drunk, and I

Me 2!

> Thomas Narten mentioned that: "we have the tendency to pick the
> people we know and trust, which is understandable".  How many IAB
> members feel strongly about open standards, rough consensus and
> running code?  To know the answer I would have to actually know the
> IAB members.

I believe there is a problem for human beings that with more "choice"
the "picks" may get worse, based on an evolutionary cognitive limit.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number
  http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

-Martin