Re: Purpose of IESG Review

On 4/12/2013 11:28 AM, Arturo Servin wrote:
> 	But if a single individual of the IESG can technically challenge and
> change the work of a whole WG and the IETF, then we have something wrong
> in our process because that means that the document had a serious
> problem and we didn't spot it in the process or an IESG member is using
> its power to change a document according to its personal beliefs.

We've had that happen in a working group I chair and I do
think that it was the result of process failure in the
working group.  That said, there seemed to be broad
agreement across the IESG that the document had certain
specific flaws - I do think there's a problem if a single
IESG member can reject working group consensus and hold
up a document - it seems as if there should be wider
agreement that the document is too flawed to progress.

Melinda