Re: Purpose of IESG Review

I have no interest in or knowledge of the technical details,
but there is a pretty complicated DISCUSS against this draft,
which doesn't look like rubber-stamping to me:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2560bis/ballot/

I assume you've already let the IESG know about the defects you're
concerned about.

  Brian