Re: Comments for Humorous RFCs or uncategorised RFCs or dated April the first

Hi Hector,

When I read the RFC on 1 April 2013 (my first time experience) I
noticed something is wrong (with the system or with doc-content), but
the document does not refer to any joke. As if you receive a message
from someone you know, but you realise that you don't know why he/she
sending it. If it is the IETF culture, is this culture defined in any
RFC or draft? However, don't mind culture/fun but mind its relation to
classifications. My comments in line,

On 4/6/13, Hector Santos <hsantos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Abdusalam,
>
> You should consider all APRIL 1 published I-D as "SPAM" and the
> electronic mail follow ups generated in the IETF list as more wasted
> bandwidth, time and spam.

the question is not that I SHOULD consider importance for the
published date, my question is : Does the IETF as an organisation
consider Content of its publications? is there something in IETF as
reference refering to such happy activity!!!, I am not sure. If yes
there is a reference then why the management forgot to categorise the
RFC as different from the serious work, do they just rely on the date
1 April.

> We have too much time in our hands, boredom
> for many, and even more wasted time if we spend time reading it - so in
> that regard I agree with your concerns.  Who has time for all this?  Its
> already a challenge to decipher most of the postings and wondering if
> one is serious or not. Ignore April 1 publications. :)

I never ignore any message/RFC I receive from IETF, IMO the IETF
SHOULD consider to categorise its messages sent or documents published
as any other publishers do for readers. However, I will follow your
advise, but just like to comment about any faulty RFC because it is in
the end a Request For Comment (RFC).

If the documents are calling/requesting a comment that was my
reply/comment as a reader,

<Just done my job and commented don't care if things change or not>

AB