Re: [nfsv4] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-25.txt> (Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol) to Proposed Standard

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> In combination with Tom's proposed changes, this table should work well.

I agree.

> Agreed that some text about what qop 0 means is needed.

I yes.  Indeed, maybe we should even remove the qop column and state
that we always use qop 0 unless otherwise stated (and we'll not state
otherwise).

>> KITTEN WG should undertake an extension to replace the broken qop concept.
>
> I worry that such an undertaking would degenerate into a full GSS-API
> rewrite, but regardless that's out of scope for the current discussion.

I don't think so.  We've discussed it [since] on IRC, and it's not
relevant here so I'll not burden the cc'ed with it.  I'll bring
something to KITTEN WG about this *after* the interim meeting that's
coming up, but NFSv4 WG should not wait for it.

Nico