Re: Missing requirement in draft-sparks-genarea-imaparch? (was Re: New Version Notification - draft-sparks-genarea-imaparch-05.txt)

On 27 Mar 2013, at 20:31, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While looking at it, I noticed we don't explicitly say that this IMAP interface MUST NOT
> allow messages in the archive to be deleted

I would actually allow administrative users to delete messages (e.g. spam), but such actions should be recorded in logs. Other users shouldn't be allowed to do that.

> or moved to other mailboxes, and MUST NOT
> allow messages to be inserted. I plan to add those as requirements in the next version.

This is fine with me.