Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-savi-threat-scope-06

On Mar 25, 2013, at 9:04 PM, "Black, David" <david.black@xxxxxxx> wrote:

While I identified the same issue you did with switching systems that do link aggregation and other magic, I think that the document is useful whether this is fixed or not.  It's true that it doesn't have a full section that talks specifically about this problem, but I think it's unlikely that the authors are going to add one—when I mentioned it to Joel, he didn't express excitement at the prospect.

I think Fred's response, while a little salty, accurately represents the situation: the working group produced this document, the document does what it's supposed to do, one could continue to polish it indefinitely, but then the document would never get published.

Remembering that this is an informational draft, which does a pretty good job of informing the reader about the problem space, is it your opinion that the issues you have raised _must_ be addressed before the document is published, or do you think the document is still valuable even if no further text is added to address your concern?