Less Corporate Diversity

How much is the concentration of corporate participation in the IETF a result of market forces, like consolidation and bankruptcy, as opposed to nefarious forces, like a company hiring all of the I* leadership? We have mechanisms to deal with the latter, but there is not much we can do about the former.