Re: Is there a Git repository of RFCs? Or of Internet-Drafts?

>If the disk goes bad so as to provoke a misread of a sector, post
>write, the file is effectively corrupted. If this happens with git,
>the checksum calculated on write will fail to match, and the
>corruption is detected.

If you're worried about that (not totally unreasonable on modern
disks) wouldn't it be better to use a filesystem like zfs that checks
for corruption at the filesystem level?

In practice, rsync works great.  I pull the RFCs and I-Ds every night.