Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

On 3/5/2013 8:18 AM, Eggert, Lars wrote:

Martin already mentioned RMCAT. And I mentioned Wgs wanting to build "lightweight" UDP-based protocols, which are hitting transport issues incl. congestion control all the time.

Which is why we learned 30 years ago that building a transport protocol at the application layer is generally a Bad Idea. Why do the same bad ideas keep being reinvented?

Bob Braden