Re: Call for Comment: "RFC Format Requirements and Future Development"

> From: "t.p." <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The result was 32kbyte, ie the
> formatting used by another SDO had increased the size 16-fold, a 16-fold
> increase in network traffic, a 16-fold increase in the storage needed
> for as long as the document was stored.
>
> Repeat this across the IETF's I-Ds and the ability to produce RFCs would
> be substantially reduced.

Certainly larger formats are less desirable than smaller formats.  But
since RFC 1000 (1987), the size of disk drives has increased over
1000-fold
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hard_drive_capacity_over_time.png),
and communication speeds have also increased greatly.  So size
increases of a factor of 10 over periods of decades is unlikely to
reduce our ability to work.

Dale