Vendor standardization (was: IETF chair's blog)

Hi Simon,
At 03:15 25-02-2013, Simon Pietro Romano wrote:
Just out of curiosity, can you list which of the above requirements is not met by Meetecho?

Meetecho is a vendor. In my humble opinion the IETF "standardizes" on protocols; it does not "standardize" on vendors. I can still access the audio for IETF 56 which are hosted on IETF infrastructure. I may not be able to access the links [1] provided by Meetecho [2] in future.

From the Universi Dominici Gregis:

  "While keeping in mind present-day requirements, I have been careful, in
   formulating the new discipline, not to depart in substance from the wise
   and venerable tradition already established."

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/video-codec/current/msg00068.html
2. It applies to WebEx too.