Re: Last Call: <draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-05.txt> (Certificate Transparency) to Experimental RFC

Hi Ben,

As a FYI, Eliot Lear posted a review at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg08649.html

At 06:38 14-01-2013, Ben Laurie wrote:
Is there a difference, when you get down to it?

If I am talking to a non-English speaker it might be clearer when I say "fake Gucci handbag" instead of "misissued Gucci handbag".

I don't have a strong opinion about this.

Yes. This is necessary for auditing/monitoring.

Ok.

I have changed it to "Log operators..."

Ok.

MUST and SHALL are equivalent.

Yes.

What wording do you suggest that would be better?

I'll take this off-list.

I don't understand the question.

If I guarantee that I won't use a zero the code doesn't expect it. If the code gets a zero it might not handle it gracefully. It's safer to tell the receiver to ignore a zero than to tell the sender not to send a zero.

Regards,
-sm