Re: A proposal for a scientific approach to this question [was Re: I'm struggling with 2219 language again]

Hi Marc Petit-Huguenin ,

>I read the responses so far, and what can be said today is that there is 2
philosophies, with supporters in both camps.  The goal of the IETF is to make
the Internet work better, and I do believe that RFC 2119 is one of the
fundamental tool to reach this goal, but having two ways to use it does not
help this goal.

I like the approach, and agree with you that we need a solution in
IETF which still is not solved or ignored by participants fo some
reasons. However, I agree of a survey or an experiment what ever we
call it, that makes IETF reflects to the RFC2119 performance on the
end-user of such product implementation of RFC protocols. I think many
old participants already have good experience to inform us of some
reality of IETF standards' end-user production.

AB