Re: draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer-07 - array index for end ofarray

>> This was discussed in the Working Group, but it wasn't felt that the added
>> complexity was worth it; there's a strong feeling that this spec should be as
>> simple as possible.
>
> Might I suggest, however, using -1 instead of "-" to refer to the last item in an
> array, as this provides two benefits:
>
> 1) Allows for adding the complexity down the road in a compatible way, should
>    there be need
> 2) Uniformity; i.e. always using integer values for referring to array elements.

I have to say that this suggestion sounds very compelling to me, for
both reasons.  I know there's a bunch of running code out there, but
this (and perhaps teasing apart the "add" and "insert" concepts into
separate verbs) seems worth the bother.

Barry, as participant