Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:

> I support this idea, but I think that free software should also be considered
> as part of this experiment (free software and open source are not synonymous).
>  Using the acronym FOSS and defining it as Free or Open Source Software in the
> document would achieve this.

By my understanding free is not applicable in that software can be free
without the source being available. The key in my mind to the open source
sugestion is the ability of others to examine the actual code for coverage
of edge concerns or whatever. Open source is available today under many
license agreements. Free is not a requirement to achieve the review
objective.