Re: Simplifying our processes: Conference Calls

Hannes,

On Dec 3, 2012, at 11:37 AM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2012, at 8:01 PM, SM wrote:
>
>> There are people contributing to a working group who are not subscribed to the mailing list.  There are probably people who are not actively following a working group who might attend a conference call.
>
> Any data that supports your argument? Are there people subscribed to the IETF announce list who just wait for conference calls they can join.
> With the same argument we should just forward every "interesting" mail from the working group just in case that someone on the IETF announcement list cares about it.
>
> If you do not follow the mailing list how likely is it that you will understand the discussions during the conference call?

If the announcement is sent to IETF announce, then people who are not subscribed to the mailing list can decide to participate by subscribing to the mailing list, reading the archive, read the drafts, and participate in the call.  If they never see the announcement, then this can't happen.

I don't see this as a worthwhile simplification to our process.

Thanks,
Bob