Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

>> Do you really think it's likely that a chair who's trying to
>> fast-track a document will likely go out asking for early GenART,
>> SecDir, AppDir, and OpsDir reviews?
>>
> A few do already.  But seriously, if the wg chair(s) actually have an
> interest in the technology and feel there is a valid reason for getting
> something decent out into the world quickly then they could well be
> motivated to do just that.

I agree.  I'm concerned that when the focus is on "fast-track", such
that someone is trying to trim a few weeks off a many-month process,
this could be even less likely.  But this is speculation; I have no
data.

> If our wg chairs are really just
> bureaucratic process minders then it's time we found some different
> ones, but I don't think they are. Maybe this is just a plea for a bit
> more parallel processing and a few less silos.

I don't think they are either, and I absolutely agree that we should
do more parallel processing and not put serial process in the way of
document handling.  That's never been at issue for me.

Barry