RE: When to adopt a draft as a WG doc (was RE: "IETF work is done on the mailing lists")

Hi Adrian,
At 13:16 29-11-2012, Adrian Farrel wrote:
What about drafts that not for discussion at a session? What about drafts that
have completed last call or are in IESG processing?

I did not verify the state of the drafts for above when I listed the working groups. I listed a working group which did not have any session. I know that one of the working groups in the list has documents going through IESG processing. If you ask me whether the list is a good representation of the text I quoted, my answer would be no.

There are three meetings slots in a year. If a group misses that slot it losses the opportunity for three months of work (assuming that there is discussion on the mailing list). People are free to object to object about the process not being followed to the letter or about arbitrary decisions of the chair. If I was a WG Chair and somebody asked why the work is being delayed or the working group is doing nothing I would point to the objection. What I won't say is whether people who will be implementing the work or who are actually going to review the work will walk away.

Regards,
-sm