Re: don't overthink, was Just so I'm clear

    > From: Doug Barton <dougb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    > Removal from office _is_ considered a punitive action

Sorry all, but my bogometer just blew out.

He isn't being turfed out of his post (in a high-level sense); he quit.

He simply wasn't polite or thoughtful enough to do so formally, instead of by
just going catatonic on us.

It's very rude to do that. If he's going to bail, he ought to have the decency
to summon the strength needed to say 'I quit'. That's not a long or involved
communication, and unless he's completely catatonic, to the point of being
institutionalized, he should be able to manage that, at least.

I know whereof I speak, having been through some bad meltdowns myself, so
much as I have great _personal_ sympathy for him (knowing what he must be
going through to act like this), _institutionally_, I don't.

Anyway, in view of that failure on his part, I would recommend that he never,
ever, be considered for _any_ post in the I*, ever again. People who can do
that sort of thing shouldn't be trusted with any responsibility ever again.

And now, yes, I _am_ being punitive.

Because I'm ticked off at the amount of time/energy being wasted in this
incredible stupidity, and the ridiculous, petty-fogging amateur legalisms
which are being thrown around like the chicken-feed they are. This probably
means that he's paying the price for other people's actions, but since when
did life come with a 'fair' guarantee tag?

	Noel