Re: don't overthink, was Just so I'm clear

On 10/25/2012 12:34 PM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2012, at 21:20, Doug Barton <dougb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> _punitive_
>
> Again, you are confused. This action is not about punishing an
> individual, and I would be violently opposed to it if it were.

Removal from office _is_ considered a punitive action, by any commonly
accepted definition in any context having to do with boards, committees,
etc. But "punitive" is different from "punishment." It's a subtle
distinction, but an important one.

I am not suggesting that Marshall should be punished, and I do not with
my remarks to be construed that way.