Re: [RFC 3777 Update for Vacancies]

On 24/10/2012 21:22, Barry Leiba wrote:
>> The draft that proposes changes to the RFC3777/BCP10 to deal with
>> vacancies is now available.
>>
>>   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-genarea-bcp10upd-00
> I think this is a fine proposal, and I support it and hope the community
> will show consensus for it.

+1.

However, I suggest that "For a contested, sustained absence,..." is
a little unclear. I suggest

   If the member concerned contests the determination that they have
   vacated the position, the existing Member Recall process, as specified
   in Section 7 of [RFC3777], is required.

(This contest could occur during the Last Call.)

     Brian