Re: In Memoriam IETF web page

On 22 Oct 2012, at 21:48, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/22/2012 03:52 PM, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
>> If we want to keep this in the spirit of long-established (newspaper) traditions rather than a web page, we could use the IETF Journal for recording the passing of members of the community.
>
> This sounds like the best suggestion to me so far
> if something is to be done. Second best would be
> to do nothing.

In the last issue, we briefly noted the passing of Bob Morgan in the online version (http://www.internetsociety.org/articles/implementing-identity-management-solutions) though it was too late for the print issue. In the latest issue we've posted a tribute to Wendy Rickard (http://www.internetsociety.org/articles/remembering-wendy-rickard) both online and in print.

I think the IETF Journal is a fine place to publish obituaries or memorials of IETF contributors to recognise their work and I'd encourage anyone moved to write such text to send it to ietfjournal@xxxxxxxx.

Mat