Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

On Sep 19, 2012, at 22:28, Joe Touch <touch@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm simply refuting *any* argument that starts with "because it's useful to the community".

Interestingly, these kinds of arguments are the only ones I'm interested in.

Until there is a court decision impacting this usefulness (or one can be reasonably expected), the legal angle is simply irrelevant.

(Just keeping the thread alive so it doesn't seem that everybody agrees with the strangely luddite position taken here.)

Grüße, Carsten