Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

Randy,

> so the iesg will now spend their spring retreat in law school? we have
> a test for competent legal demand. it is called a court order.

In the case of DMCA, if you wait for a court order, you can lose your
liability shield, which has been the point that Sam and others have
raised.  There may be times when the IETF is willing to do that (had the
IETF been hosting the TZ database, perhaps it would have done so), but
it should be done consciously.

Eliot