Re: management granularity (Re: Meeting "lounges" at IETF meetings)

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM, SM <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Again, choosing three or so locations ignores large parts of not only the
>> developing world (e.g., Africa, India), but also substantial portions of the
>> developed world with a reasonable track record of participation (e.g.,
>> Australia, New Zealand, Brazil).

@Mark : There has been a steady stream of participation from India for
atleast the last 4 years. By India, I mean Indians living in India and
not those living abroad (there have been quite a few of them around in
IETF for longer than 4+ years).

> There were 10 participants from Australia and 4 participants from New
> Zealand at the last IETF meeting.  There was interest to have the IETF in
> New Zealand.  I guess that it was considered as difficult to convince the
> cookie-eating mob that it was a good location.

@SM : Where do you get this data. It will be interesting to chart the
data for IETF participants over the years by country / affliation. If
we have the base location of participants then it will be interesting
to see the average distance over the years and participation based on
city.

>>  reasons for the IETF returning to Australia, or appearing nearby. And
>> going to Brazil or thereabouts, and India, and (eventually) Africa. Doesn't
>> have to be every year, but once a decade+ is not often enough.

+1