Re: management granularity (Re: Meeting "lounges" at IETF meetings)

On 8/4/12 1:31 PM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>However the tendency of the community has been to express preference for
>the tourism of going to new places.
>
>If we really want venues to function towards some ideal, we need the
>benefit of a multi-visit learning curve.
>
>And it means we stop being tourists.

Of course holding meetings in a range of locations, some new, also
provides the opportunity to attract new meeting hosts rather than relying
on a small pool of regular hosts. Ultimately, there are pros and cons to
either model and the current model does not seem especially bad (quite the
contrary I think).

And, as they say, 'variety is the spice of life'. ;-)

Perhaps when we the Internet is less dynamic (I hope it is never so) we
could meet in just one city all the time, as I understand some other
standards development group does. ;-)

Jason