Re: Oauth blog post

It sounds indeed great to involve those communities that use the technology. However, I don't see an easy way to accomplish that when we talk about a really large community.

For example, many people use TLS and they are not all in the TLS WG working group. I am not even talking about providing useful input to the work (since you would have to be a security expert and some people just want to get their application development done as quickly as possible). They just use the library.

OAuth is a bit similar in that direction. Ideally, we want Web application developers to just use a library and then add their application specific technology on top of it rather than having to read the IETF specification and to write the OAuth code themselves.