Re: Comments for <I-D of Publishing the "Tao of the IETF" as a Web Page>

On Jun 20, 2012, at 8:39 AM, SM wrote:

> RFC 4844 discusses about RFC Series and the streams used by the various communities to publish a RFC.  One of those streams is for IETF Documents.  In the I-D being discussed, the document will be published on a web page.  The IESG will choose Paul Hoffman as the editor.  I gather that those details are not a problem.

Errr, maybe. The IESG could easily choose someone else; many individuals in this community would be fine at being the Tao editor. Remember, I was the third editor of the document.

> draft-hoffman-tao-as-web-page-02 mentions that the changes will be discussed on an open, Tao-specific mailing list.  The second paragraph of Section 2 and the third paragraph are not so clear about changes, i.e. the editor accepts proposed changes and the IESG accepts proposed changes.

Can you say what was "not so clear"? I absolutely want that bit to be clear. Proposed text is appreciated here.

> BTW, RFC 4677 should be moved to Historic instead of Obsolete.

Earlier versions of the Tao were made obsolete, not moved to Historic, so I thought it was most appropriate to do that here as well. FWIW, the definition of "Historic" in RFC 2026 is for specifications, not descriptive documents like the Tao.

--Paul Hoffman