RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-lineid-05.txt> (The Line Identification Destination Option) to Experimental RFC

Dear Suresh,

Having the warnings in the draft is good but having a pointer to a document including a fair and detailed risk analysis is also valuable and worth to be acknowledged.

Having that pointer is an "invitation" to people who will deploy this mechanism (I know some of them who are planning to) to assess the validity of the claimed threats (and also to consider the alternatives listed in Section 3 of draft-dec-*). This is even encouraged given the intended track: "experimental".

Thanks.

Cheers,
Med