Re: Colloquial language [Re: Last Call:<draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice'sGuide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC]

---- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Niven-Jenkins" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ole Jacobsen" <ole@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:36 PM
On 31 May 2012, at 09:16, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
> Sounds like a difficult thing to do with any kind of predictable or
> measurable outcome, although it might be fun to ask the Brits if they
> understand everything the Americans are saying and vice versa :-)

I don't really have any issues understanding American English but I'm
regularly gobsmacked by how many North Americans struggle to understand
some things that I say :-)

<tp>
It's called irony; it got left behind on the beach, when the Pilgrim
Fathers crossed the pond.

On the other hand, it could just be that what you say <>is<> cricket.
Which would also be perfectly comprehensible to the Indian audience,
alluded to earlier (and to the remainder of the English speaking
world:-)

Tom Petch
</tp>

Ben