Re: Making the Tao a web page

On 01/06/2012 00:04, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Works for me, other than it should not be a "wiki". It should have one
> editor who takes proposed changes from the community the same way we do
> it now. Not all suggestions from this community, even from individuals
> in the leadership, are ones that should appear in such a document.

In practice, if this is to be a living document then it should be open for
inspection and poking rather than preserved in formaldehyde and put in a
display case, only to be opened occasionally when the curator decides the
glass needs some dusting.  That way leads to sclerosis.

Please put it on a wiki and put all changes through a lightweight review
system.  If someone makes a change which doesn't work, then it can be
reverted quickly and easily.  This approach is much more in line with the
ietf approach of informality / asking for forgiveness rather than
permission / rough consensus + running code / etc.

Nick