ICANN relationship [Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC]

> 3.2.4.  IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority)
>
>    The core registrar for the IETF's activities is the IANA (see
>    http://www.iana.org).  Many Internet protocols require that someone
>    keep track of protocol items that were added after the protocol came
>    out.  Typical examples of the kinds of registries needed are for TCP
>    port numbers and MIME types.  The IAB has designated the IANA
>    organization to perform these tasks, and the IANA's activities are
>    financially supported by ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned
>    Names and Numbers.  The IAB selected ICANN, and the IANA activities
>    are provided for free as specified in [RFC2860].

The phrase "The IAB selected ICANN" is, as the saying goes, economical with
the truth. The fact is that we had no choice at the time. Suggestion
for the last sentence:

  The IAB and the IETF established a Memorandum of Understanding with
  ICANN [RFC2860], under which the IANA services are provided for free
  to the IETF.

Nit:

> Editor is a separate job. Today, these jobs are preformed by

s/preformed/performed/

Regards
   Brian Carpenter