Re: Leverage Patent Search API to reduce BCP79 related issues [was:

On 5/10/2012 11:14 AM, ned+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't know if a similar block exists, but the policy is the same for us.
Such a policy, if implemented, could easily lead to various people being
unable to participate in the process.

indeed.

more generally: patents and the responsible handling of patent-related information are social issues. we cannot solve or mitigate social issues with technical mechanisms. let's not try.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking