Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

Melinda Shore wrote:

> On 5/10/12 5:04 AM, Martin Rex wrote:
> > Peter Sylvester wrote:
> >> +1
> > +1
>
> I disagree rather strongly.  This is an open standards body with an open
> process, and I think if we're going to change that it needs to be as a
> result of a more general discussion rather than simply chipping away
> around the edges.

There has never been a need to actively broadcast these massive amounts
of personally identifiable information (PII), and I haven't seen any
convincing rationale for doing it now.

Whenever dealing with PII the most responsible action is to distribute
it only when a real need has been demonstrated.  When publishing information
on the internet, it is not possible to undo it, so it is better to err
on the safe side for PII.

-Martin