RE: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-marf-source-ports-03.txt> (Source Ports in ARF Reports) to Proposed Standard

"Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Which is exactly the case (abuse report) the second to last paragraph takes care of.  I agree RECOMMENDED is appropriate there and you have it there.

For auth failure analysis I read you as agreeing it's not needed.  There are some authorization methods that use IP address, so I don't think that for auth failure reports inclusion of IP address and source port are comparable.

Based on your response, I don't understand your objection to dropping the RECOMMENDS for auth failure reports and keeping it  for abuse reports?