RE: Last Call: <draft-levine-application-gzip-02.txt> (The application/zlib and application/gzip media types) to Informational RFC

+1

I'm still a little concerned about the boundary between media
(content) -type and content-transfer-encoding, but I've become
convinced that we should not put the burden of that issue onto
this document.

I do believe that, someday, someone should try to write up an
up-to-date description of the difference that recognizes the
fact that compressed files are in use as media types with
application/zip (in assorted spellings) and application/gzip
(from this spec and in assorted spellings) as examples.  But I
now believe it is a separate task that should not block this
document or registration.

    john

--On Thursday, May 03, 2012 22:14 +0000 "Murray S. Kucherawy"