Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

On 04/23/2012 10:36 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:
> The ACWG working group is considering proposals for a
> higher-bandwidth alternative to RFC 1149. One proposal is to attach
> flash chips to the birds' legs. This proposal gets accepted, and
> eventually makes it to RFC. Company A implements this new standard,
> and then gets sued by Company B, because they have a patent for
> attaching flash chips to bird legs. When asked why they're only
> mentioning it now, they claim they had never followed the ACWG. The
> blue sheets can prove that Bob from Company B was actually at the
> meeting.

That's assuming Bob signed the blue shit in the first place (which need
not be the case). Even then, Company A would need to prove that whoever
signed the blue sheet as Bob was really Bob. Also,

* Do companies skim through the attendee list double-checking that
people claiming to be affiliated with Company B, really work for company
B, and complain to the meeting organizers if that's not the case?

* Does signing the blue sheet really mean that you're paying attention
to whatever is being discussed? (rather than, e.g. doing e-mail)

* What about the case in which the same person must be in two meetings
that overlap? (e.g., I've *presented* at overlapping meeting) What
should they do in that that case? Sign all the corresponding blue
sheets? Sign none?

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont