Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

On Apr 23, 2012, at 0:05, "EXT - joelja@xxxxxxxxx" <joelja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(quoting from RFC 2418)

> All working group sessions (including those held outside of the IETF
> meetings) shall be reported by making minutes available.  These
> minutes should include the agenda for the session, an account of the
> discussion including any decisions made, and a list of attendees.

RFCs are not gospel. They can, and, in this instance, should, be changed: either remove that last item, or stately explicitly that there is no expectation of privacy at IETF meetings.  (I have a sinking feeling I know which way that will go.)

Why shouldn't getting the list of a meeting's attendees require a subpoena?  The cost argument is bogus; equally, there are those who think going to a judge for permission to wiretap is a waste of time and money.

Put the money you save on NOT installing RFID kit into a fund for handling subpoenas (only half joking).

Kireeti

PS: Yoav, regarding your remarks on street surveillance, from the IETF Note Well:

"A participant in any IETF activity acknowledges that written, audio and video records of meetings may be made and may be available to the public."

A camera over meeting room doorways is next.